Repertoire


MUSIC :
 

VIDEOS :

The repertoire of the TITANIC Ensemble – a group of Belgian musicians from all over the country – consists of over 3000 titles and is still growing. Over 90 % of their library has originally been written for a standard formation, which was very common in the first half of the last century, namely string-players, flute, clarinet, piano and percussion. The remaining 10 % are arrangements (‘fantasies’) of well-known and other compositions from the very rich literature of that period, extremely interesting for concert organizers or amateurs who would also like to hear a number of works from the standard repertoire played somewhat differently, though this is not the most representative part of their library.
The major part was dug out of damp cellars, dusty attics, antiquarian bookshops, private collections, libraries, jumble sales,... The repertoire was composed between 1898 and 1962 (!) and consists of romances, waltzes, foxtrots, tangos, rumbas, one-steps, two-steps, Charlestons, descriptive pieces (music box, barrel-organ, locomotive, factory sounds,...), exotic pieces (The Japanese Tea House, The Chinese Tea Merchant, The Snake Charmer, Tahiti,...) opera or operetta fantasies, medleys composed by Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Rossini, Schubert, Schumann, Wagner,…, music written for films or cartoons, interactive numbers,…

Given the extent of their library, TITANIC Ensemble can offer you various concert formulas :

- the ‘classic’ concert accompanied by comments coloured with a whiff of subtle humour (in Dutch, French, English or German)
- a trip around the world in 80 minutes
- a voyage through time : from 1901 to 1958 in 80 minutes
- an Italian ‘bel canto’ programme with tenor or soprano
- a programme featuring well-known songs by a vocalist : Fascination, Love for Sale, Roses of Picardy, Tea for Two, The Sheik, I want to be Happy,...
- a swinging dance repertoire with a professional dance couple performing at regular intervals with special made-to-measure choreographies, wearing period costumes : www.historicaldance.com
- a theme concert (vb. children, France,...)
- a concert ‘à la carte’ : on arrival, the audience is presented with a list of 40 numbers split into categories (foxtrots, songs, waltzes, one-steps,…) and are asked to indicate their top five choices. These are then collated during the interval and will be played in the second half of the performance
- open air concerts, aperitif concerts, anniversaries, receptions, varnishing-days,...

As an organizer, you are also given the option to ask for a made-to-measure programme. A wide choice : call us !!!


 

§§§§§§